‘some things looming’ offers individualized plans for instructions/lessons that we hope will better fit your life. Before scheduling a class, our artist instructor will interview to understand your goals and time commitment.
Only have a few hours, but want to learn something new? We’ll try to work with your time constraints. Do you have four or more people all interested in the same technique? That’s a class! If four or more of your friends can agree on the same date and time, we will quote you the cost of a workshop.
Our current hourly rates* are as follows:
- Individual lessons: $40 per hour
- Semi private lessons – $30 per person for (2); $25 per person for 3
Currently, ‘some things looming’ offers lessons in the following techniques:
- Rigid Heddle loom
- Triangle Loom Weaving
- Basic Knitting
- Drop Spindle Spinning
- Printing and painting with dyes
- Intro to Vat dying
- Intro to acid dyes
- Basic jewelry making for beginners
- Viking Knit
- Basic Wire techniques
- **Floor loom (four shaft, various techniques including, basics, pattern, lace, rug, painted warp, etc)
- Intro to Tapestry (either floor or frame)
** Most floor loom lessons require several hours. Please contact us to discuss.